INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
- Non-Identifiable Information: Like many other e-commerce websites, the Online Services automatically collect certain non-identifiable information regarding users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the Online Services, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Online Services, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Online Services you visit, the Online Services pages read and images viewed and the content you download from the Online Services. This non-identifiable information is used for Online Services and system administration purposes and to improve the Online Services. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
- Tracking Information: We may use non-personal information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding the user demographics, traffic patterns and purchases, and then provide those reports to advertisers and others. None of the tracking information in the reports can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users. Hess also may link tracking information with personal information voluntarily provided by users.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU SPECIFICALLY PROVIDE
- Your Personal Information: Hess collects personal information that users choose to submit through the Online Services, which may include your name, password, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit card information. It is always your choice whether to provide personal information; unfortunately, without providing certain requested information, you may not be able to utilize all of the functionality of the Online Services.
- Use of Your Personal Information: We may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your inquiries, to process transactions and payments and to facilitate and enhance your use of the Online Services. We may develop a confidential customer profile for you, which may be used to provide services to you.
- Emails from us: From time to time, we may send email, or other communications containing information about us or other matters that we believe will interest you. If you make a purchase at www.hesstoytruck.com, you are automatically subscribed to marketing emails, however you may unsubscribe at any time. However, you may not opt out of administrative emails (such as emails about your transactions or policy changes). We respect your privacy and do not sell, rent or abuse the customer email list. Also, each email sent by us will tell you how to decline further emails.
- Children’s Online Policy: We are committed to the preservation of online privacy for all of our visitors, including children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. We sell products enjoyed by people of all ages, but intended for purchase by adults. If you are a child under the age of 13, you may use the Online Services with assistance of a parent or legal guardian, but may not make any purchases or provide us with personal information. If you make a purchase through the Online Services or provide us with personal information, you are representing that you are an adult. If Hess learns that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online in contravention of these measures, it will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-844-HESSTOY.
- (ii) Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure: We may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where we has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to our legal counsel.
- (iv) In Connection with Business Transfers: In the event that a store, division or part or all of Hess or Hess business entities is bought, sold or otherwise transferred, or is in the process of a potential transaction, customer information will likely be shared for evaluation purposes and included among the transferred business assets.
- Your Personal Information: Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, entitlement to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and the ability to have it amended as is appropriate. Once you have placed an order, you can review and change your personal information by accessing your account. You should promptly update your personal information if it changes or becomes inaccurate. We may retain some information from closed accounts so that we can comply with law, prevent fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, analyze or troubleshoot programs, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law. If your account or membership is terminated or suspended, we may maintain some information to prevent re-registration.
- Security of Personal Information: The security of your personal information is extremely important to us. Hess uses physical, electronic and administrative safeguards, including firewall and password protection for our databases, designed to protect the security of any information you share with us. When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We restrict access to your personal information to employees that need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
- Security Measures: We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal information submitted to us both during transmission and once we receive it. Hess, however, cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on our Online Services, please contact us.
- Safeguarding Account Information: It is your responsibility to safeguard and keep private your personal account information for the Online Services, including, but not limited to, your username, password, and/or e-mail address associated with the account. It is your responsibility to notify Hess at email@example.com or 1-844-HESSTOY in the event your username and/or password is hacked or stolen so that we can take appropriate measures. In no event shall Hess be responsible for lost or stolen account information or be liable for any charges incurred on the Online Services.