2023 25TH ANNIVERSARY MINI COLLECTION SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES - NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The 2023 25th Anniversary Hess Mini Collection Silver Edition Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on June 1, 2023 and ends on August 31, 2023 or when all available prizes have been awarded, whichever occurs first (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older. Employees (and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household) of Hess Corporation (“Sponsor”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate or win. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
To Receive an Entry via Purchase: During the Sweepstakes Period, you will receive one (1) automatic entry (“Entry”) for each 2023 Hess Mini Collection (“Mini Set”) purchased online at HessToyTruck.com.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To Receive an Entry via Mail-In: If you would like to enter the Sweepstakes without making a purchase, hand print your complete name, full address, including zip code, daytime telephone, e-mail address, and date of birth on a plain 3” X 5” paper, and mail your completed Entry in a hand-addressed stamped envelope to 2023 Hess Anniversary Sweepstakes, PO BOX 945, Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by August 15, 2023 and received no later than August 30, 2023. You may enter as often as you wish via mail-in, but each Entry must be mailed separately, be postmarked by August 15, 2023 and received by August 30, 2023. Mechanically reproduced Entries are automatically void.
All entries, via Purchase or Mail-In will hereinafter be referred to as “Entries.”
4. AVAILABLE PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”), APPROXIMATE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE: Grand Prizes – Twenty-five prizes are available: a Sponsor-specified Silver Edition 25th Anniversary Mini Collection. The ARV of each Grand Prize is $34.99 (no actual silver metal or silver-plated metal is present in each Grand Prize). The Silver Edition is not a toy, but a collectible display item. The odds of winning a prize are 1 in 3,970. The ARV of prizes listed is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the dates the prizes are awarded. Grand Prize winners will receive an email to the email address used on their original purchase, sent from email@example.com, and must follow the Grand Prize Redemption instructions included in the email. Upon verification of redemption, Grand Prizes will be shipped separately to Winners. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with prize not specified herein as being awarded. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent permitted by winners. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s discretion. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond in email back to firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) calendar days of the first email notification attempt (potential prize winner is responsible for checking email junk/spam folders for notification email from email@example.com), or if the prize notification or prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, the potential prize winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected by Hess Corporation from the remaining eligible Entries. Prize is awarded “as is.” No warranties and/or guarantees are made by Sponsor regarding the prize awarded.
5. WINNER DETERMINATION: Twenty-five (25) random, computer-generated winning Entry numbers will be generated before the Sweepstakes Period. Number Generation will be conducted by Hess Corporation whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Prizes will be sent to the shipping address provided at the time of purchase (or to the address provided on the Mail-In Entry) and will only be shipped within the 50 U.S. and D.C. Limit one (1) prize per household.
7. GENERAL RULES: Grand Prize winners and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Sponsor from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of a prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use the winners’ names, photographs, and likenesses for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sweepstakes Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason. In such event, Sponsor will award any remaining prizes in a reasonable manner, determined in its discretion, among the eligible Entries received which were unaffected by the problem.
8. Disputes: Entrants/Winners agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the state of New York; entrants/Winner submit to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the state of New York for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrants/winners be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants/winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants/winners or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the state of New York, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York.
9. WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after September 30, 2023 and available for 30 days, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by October 31, 2023 to: 2023 Hess Anniversary Sweepstakes Winners List, PO BOX 945, Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Hess Corporation, 1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036.